Every student with Self-Leadership to be a Self-Directed Learner and Serving Leader.
Every child matters and every child can learn.
Students are more engaged in learning and behave better when there are:
- Positive school and classroom environments
- Positive teacher-student relationships and peer relationships
- Positive school experiences
Discipline is an educative process and it is a whole-school effort.
- Dare to Lead Protocol: H.O.P.E. (for teachers)
Guided by DZPS School Values:
Guided by DZPS School Vision (POS):
- A Dazhong student is a:
- self-directed learner
- serving leader
- concerned citizen
Key Approaches for Student Management @ DZPS:
To bring about the Holistic Development of the Dazhong Students through the DZPS 3E (Excite, Engage, Empower) Approach. This is done via the following approaches of the various teams of Student Management of DZPS:
- Strengthening Culture of Care through Peer Support and Cyber Wellness (Student Well-being):
(Visit the DZPS Student Well-being page for more information)
DZPS 3E - Excite & Engage
- Strengthening and enhancing Level 1 Peer Support & Relationship (PSR) and Cyber Wellness (CW).
- Infusing and synergising of PSR and CW aspects into school programmes and events (eg: School Level Camps, National Education Events)
DZPS 3E - Empower
- Increasing empowerment of Peer Support Leaders and ICT Champions for Level 2 PSR and CW.
- Strengthening Student Leadership & Student Advocacy as platform for Character Education:
(Visit the DZPS Student Leadership page for more information)
DZPS 3E - Excite
- Making all Student Leaders’ roles and responsibilities relevant to their learning experiences.
DZPS 3E - Engage
- Explicit teaching of the LE@D Model (M.I.C.E.E.) to guide the actions of all students to be strong Serving Leaders.
DZPS 3E - Empower
- Providing platforms for students to grow as strong Serving Leaders by leading in various student-led projects:
- Catch You Doing Good (CYDG)
- Appreciating You @ Dazhong
- EL STAND Morning Sharing
- After School Programme by DMs - L.E.A.P. Programme
- P.E.E.R. Projects: Talk POSitiVe, DZ Got Talent, Dazhong Newsletter
- Enhanced support for students in Self-Management of Emotions:
- Proactive actions taken to empower all students.
- Tier 2/3 Student Adoption Programme - Teacher-mentors provide proactive support to selected students.
- Synergy between various teacher teams (Discipline, Counseling, SEN) to create resources to empower and support students to manage emotions.
- Promote Inclusiveness in school community:
- Diversity of student leadership opportunities for all students
- Increased platforms to recognise and affirm the efforts and achievement of all students via our Termly Affirmation Days
- Driving inclusiveness in school amongst our students and staff:
- Students - Building Bridges Programme (PSLs x ISPR students)
- Staff - Staff Professional Development SLS e-mods for Case Management