The Dazhong Experience
What is the Dazhong Experience?
The Dazhong Experience (DZE) was developed in 2022 for the students, by the teachers. Its implementation started in 2023, and it maps out the holistic development and key learning experiences every Dazhong student would go through during his/her six years of primary education in our school.
It was designed to attain the school vision, as indicated in the Pupil Outcome Standard 2.0 (POS2.0) – “Self-directed Learners, Serving Leaders and Concerned Citizens”.
The DZE provides designers of all curricular and co-curricular programmes and activities the 3Es Design Approach, to “Engage, Excite and Empower” students, so as to attain the 3 tiers of student outcomes – “Awareness, Action and Advocacy” (The 3As).
Tiers of Student Outcomes
Awareness and Action
Action and Advocacy
With this DZE design framework, students would be assured with opportunities and guidance to achieve the POS2.0, school values (IREAP), 21st century skills and the following as indicated on the 8 spokes on the DZE Diagram above:
1) Habits of a Self-directed Learner
2) Collaboration, Communication and Critical (& Inventive) Thinking Skills
3) Character Development
4) Support for Diverse Learners
5) Joyful Learning with Technology
6) Authentic Learning - Environmental Sustainability and Arts Education
7) Leadership of Self and Others
8) Interdisciplinary Connections across the Total Curriculum
To further guide staff and management in designing programmes, event and activities that are aligned to the DZE and POS2.0, there is a Termly Focus for each school term:
- Term 1: “Dare to Learn” (to develop Self-directed Learners)
- Term 2: “Dare to Lead” (to develop Serving Leaders)
- Term 3: “Dare to Care” (to develop Concerned Citizens)
- Term 4: “Dare to Celebrate” (to affirm students’ successes big and small and develop school pride and belonging)